To make it easier to navigate, links have been broken down into categories. Please click a category to view the appropriate links.
- National Down's Syndrome Organisations in the UK
Although UK specific, these sites contain lots of information that will be helpful for anyone.
- Regional Down's Syndrome Groups in the UK
If you are looking to meet families locally, see if there is a group near to you.
- Medical Organisations in the UK
Sadly there are several medical problems associated with Down's Syndrome, these links are for UK sites that provide information on some of the most common ones.
- Medical Organisations worldwide
Other sites from around the world dealing with the most common medical problems associated with Down's Syndrome. Whilst the conditions are the same, treatments and resources may vary depending on where you are.
- Other Support Organisations in the UK
There are several UK organisations which offer more general services relating to disability which can be very useful to individuals, families and carers.
- Other useful UK websites
This section includes links to UK sites which provide specific services for people with disabilities, such as housing advice and equipment adaptations.
- Down's Syndrome Umbrella Organisations
Links to the International and European umbrella organisations for Down's Syndrome.
- Mosaic Down's Syndrome Organisations
Links to Organisations dealing specifically with Mosaic Down's Syndrome.
- European Down's Syndrome Organisations
Links to Down's Syndrome organisations in different European countries.(apart from Spain which is listed seperately)
- Spanish Down's Syndrome Organisations
Links to Down's Syndrome organisations in Spain
- Australian Down's Syndrome Organisations
Australia has many Down's Syndrome groups which we have listed here.
- Canadian Down's Syndrome Organisations
Canada also has many groups nationally and locally that we have listed here.
- United States Down's Syndrome Organisations
In the USA there are many Down's Syndrome groups, both national and local organisations are listed here.
- Organisations in the Rest of The World
Links to Organisations in all other countries dealing specifically with Down's Syndrome.
- Educational sources for Down's Syndrome
Links focusing on education for people with Down's Syndrome, specifically speech and language development and numeracy.
- Personal sites for people with Down's Syndrome and businesses run my people with Down's Syndrome.
Not everyone with Down's Syndrome can be a high achiever, but take a look at these sites and see what is possible!
- Parents sites
Some very inspiring sites and articles reflecting the positive side of Down's Syndrome from parents - some of whom are famous.
- Other Down's Syndrome related sites that may be of interest
This includes sites to do with dance, swimming and theatre as well as some relating to John Langdon Down.
- Other sites that may be of interest
This includes sites providing services that may be useful such as childcare for special needs children, adapted play equipment and accomodation.
DHG has included links to aid visitors. At the time of inclusion it was felt that these sites offered correct and useful information, but DHG has no control over the content of these sites or any changes they may undergo. Their inclusion does not in any way imply endorsement by DHG.
If you would like to suggest other sites for inclusion, please email email@example.com
Thumbnail Screenshots by Thumbshots